Frequently Asked Questions
Still a little unsure about the retreat? Read through some of our most frequently asked questions, as they may address some of your concerns. For other, more specific questions, Contact us! Also make sure to follow us on all social media platforms (@HCLNetwork) for updates!
1. I've never been before. What can I expect at the retreat?
At the retreat you can expect to participate in worship services, workshop sessions, team building activities, small group sessions, and optional group activities. All for the purpose of being renewed, revived, and developing new relationships with like-minded people.
2. How much is registration, and what is included?
Registration for the retreat is $200 per person. This cost includes lodging, six meals and access to special course offerings on mental health, leadership, and financial literacy taught by leaders in the field.
Worship will be led by Haitian-American worship leaders Lynn Betty William, Jeriele Prudent and Nate Jean-Jacques. Pastors Marc Antoine, Joelle Meristal, and Andy Vital will be sharing practical wisdom from the bible. There will also be a live interactive panel discussion with special guests discussing mental health and the Haitian-American experience.
Registrants will also have access to HCLN resources including tools for personal growth, spiritual advancement, and much more. We can't wait to see you there!
3. Who is this retreat for?
ANYONE! While we design the retreat to reach an underserved population (young adult Haitian-Americans), we've seen God do amazing things. Whatever your nationality, or age this retreat is a life-changing experience for anyone with an open heart.
4. When should I arrive at the retreat?
The arrival time for our 2022 Retreat will be from 2-4 pm on October 28th, 2022.
5. When does the retreat end?
The anticipated retreat departure time is 3pm on October 30th, 2022.
6. What should I bring to the retreat?
The "what to bring" list can be found HERE. Attendees will be emailed this list as a reminder a few weeks before the retreat.
7. What is the lodging like?
See the link below for Black Rock Retreat Lodging accommodations. Our group will be staying in the regular bunk cabins, and large bunk cabins.
8. Can I stay in a room with my friends?
Yes! We want you to be as comfortable as possible with people you are familiar with. For any unique needs, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
9. Can I record the retreat/will there be a recording of the worship or teaching available for purchase at the end of the retreat?
We do not permit recording. Our goal is to help attendees truly find rest at the retreat by fostering an environment free of distraction. Recordings will be made available after the weekend has concluded.
10. What is the food like at the retreat?
Black rock retreat center serves delicious food for all diets. Please contact us at email@example.com with any food allergies you may have!
11. Can I volunteer at the retreat?
Yes, please! email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We invite anyone to join us on teams such as hospitality, activities and more! We would be honored to get to know you and serve with you!
12. Are there other activities to do at the retreat besides the spiritual stuff like worship services, workshops, etc...?
Absolutely! We try to create a well-rounded experience that mixes spiritual and physical exercises. Things like zip-lining, high ropes, laser tag, etc... are available at the retreat. Once you register, we'll reach out to you with info on how to sign up for fun activities that will take place throughout the weekend.
13. I can't stay for the entire weekend, but do want to attend for a night or two. Can I?
We can only accommodate full weekend attendees for this retreat.
14. Should I bring money to the retreat?
Yes you should! Things such as books, and merchandise will be available for purchase at the retreat. Also, you will have the opportunity to donate to the Haitian Christian leadership network at the retreat.
15. Will Childcare be provided?
Unfortunately, we are not able to provide childcare for this year's retreat.
16. I recently paid for the retreat, but unfortunately am unable to attend anymore. Can I have a refund?
Refunds are not available. You are allowed however to transfer your registration to another person to attend in your place.
17. Is Transportation provided?
Individual retreat attendees are responsible for providing their own transportation to the camp site.